07 November 2010

Quilt As You Go Log Cabin

I’ve been blog-hopping in search for a pattern for the quilt I am planning to make for my DH. Then it dawned on me…how am I going to machine quilt such a big quilt on my home sewing machine?

I remember reading about this Quilt As You Go method. Off I go again to ‘research’ from fellow bloggers…isn’t Blogville such a wonderful place? Bloggers are the most giving, sharing and generous people on earth!

Did you know that there are so many methods to this Quilt As You Go method?! Anyway, I finally chose this Quilt As You Go tutorial by Julia @ Julia’s Place.
Her pictorial tutorial is crystal clear. Thanks Julia.


DSCN2462DSCN2465

I made this ‘prototype’ yesterday. It was quick to stitch. What’s taking most of my time is cutting the strips. Can someone give me an AccuQuilt GO! ?
Great as a table runner or placemat too.
 Smile



Photobucket

Fresh Poppy Design


   
         

12 comments:

  1. Certainly saves a lot of time, doesn't it? Even if you have to slow down a bit to cut the strips. Well done! ~karen (kaholly )

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we lived close, you could use mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had one too. I'm imagining all the perfect 2.5" binding strips I'd cut with it....

    Beautiful fabric selections for your runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gives me inspiration to try quilting. :) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I really want to try a quilt as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so great! And I agree, there is so much to find in blogland! I have been wanting to sit down and read some of these quilt-as-you-go methods myself, I'll go check Julia's out.

    Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday, see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in this. It will be beautiful as a table runner. I have to admit, I am somewhat in awe of anyone who quilts! I have never been able to get the hang of it. I'm visiting from TRH, I'd love to have you visit me too!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!

    Found you through Tea Rose Home.

    http://im-in-the-loop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - wish I could sew so well !

    ReplyDelete