I made this bag way back in 2009. It’s a shopping bag a.k.a. Green Bag. What I liked about this bag is it’s fast to make. And I used a regular plastic bag as the pattern! I got the inspiration here.
Wanna make one too? Here we go !
1. Choose a regular plastic bag that is just the right size for you. Lay the plastic bag flat.
2. Cut the top of the handle and the bottom of the bag just at the seams.
3. Open out the gusset at the sides .
4. Fold the bag into half. Your bag pattern is ready !
1. Select your favourite design for the front of the bag . Of course I used Daisy’s owl applique. I added strips around until I’ve got it big enough.
2. Fold the fabric into half and place the pattern on the fold.
3. Cut following the pattern as a guide. Trim where necessary.
4 Cut two main fabric ( I’m using a different fabric for the other side of the bag) and two lining fabric.
Come back tomorrow for Part II !