18 August 2009

Hexagon Coasters and Placemat

I've always loved English Paper Piecing. It's portable and it keeps my hands busy ...anywhere and anytime.

According to the Illinois State Museum , English Paper Piecing is often used in the making of hexagon, diamond, baby-block, and star patterns. Each piece in the quilt is pinned to its own paper pattern piece. The paper serves as a guide for sewing and a support for the pieces.
Read more here.

There is a great site where you can generate .pdf versions of graph paper in all sorts of shapes and sizes for designing your own quilts.Click http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/

Here's a video from YouTube that may interest you.






This is Grandmother's Flower Garden appliqued on a hexagon .





These are two of my embroidery pieces I made long ago stitched onto a hexagon using some piecing method I can't remember what it's called :~D




No comments:

Post a Comment